Master of Sustainable Energy
The Master of Sustainable Energy (previously called the Master of Energy Studies) is one of the few programs in the world that offers you a cross-disciplinary education with direct industry contact and practical experience. It provides the opportunity for individuals to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of energy systems, responsible business practice and contemporary energy challenges:
- How do we solve the “wicked” energy challenge facing society – affordable, reliable and sustainable energy for all?
- Do you want to represent the new breed of energy professionals solving complex, world-wide energy issues?
- Join our unique Master of Sustainable Energy program at The University of Queensland
Please visit https://future-students.uq.edu.au/study/program/Master-of-Sustainable-Energy-5684 for more information.
Why the Master of Sustainable Energy?
Time is more than ripe for a new type of energy professional – those who understand various disciplinary tools and perspectives and are able to communicate effectively in all settings.
First offered in 2012, this program is different in the way that you as a student will be educated to address complex problems across a range of disciplines, enabling you to develop problem solving skills and progress to leadership and management positions across the energy sector.
As a Master of Sustainable Energy graduate you will understand the complex nature of energy generation, distribution and supply plus the crucial role of finance, technology and regulation in business development and project management. Not least you will grasp the critical importance of social license to operate and shared value in the dynamic socio-economic energy landscape, and a deep understanding of innovation, sustainability and risk management.
Representing the new breed of energy professional you will be working towards creating a better energy future for all.
More specifically you will:
- learn directly from leading academics, researchers and national as well as international practitioners in the field
- study alongside passionate and talented individuals from a wide range of academic and industry backgrounds
- take part in multi-disciplinary and integrated approaches to consider local, regional, national and global energy systems as well as drivers for change
- fast-track your career with an internationally-focussed program enhancing skills, knowledge and confidence to embark on new and advanced career pathways in or outside Australia
For further information on what you can study, entry requirements and how to apply view the
UQ Courses and Programs website
For enquiries please contact:
Professor Peta Ashworth
Chair in Sustainable Energy Futures
Mobile: +61 409 929 981